Wednesday, September 15, 2010

3.1 Monetize

Where and Where did I find it: During our class on September 19th I found the word Monetize on one of the tab bars as I created a blog. I have seen the word before and had a good idea of what it meant, however, I was curious to see if the meaning was different in the context of creating a blog.

What it means: According to Dictionary.com, the word means to coin or turn into money or monetary worth. However, the dictionary does not give a definition for what the meaning of Monetize means in the context of the Blogger webpage. When you click on Monetize on this website, the meaning is consistent to the idea of money or making money. The meaning on blogger is similar it that it means to make money by selling space on your blog page and setting up the layout and choice of advertisements. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/monetize

Level of Familiarity: I have heard the the term before and the meaning. The meaning in the context of making money through website advertisements, known as Monetize is a brand new concept to me. 

Do you believe this is a word you want to know well? Why? The idea of making money is highly appealing. I did already know the basic idea of the word in relation to the concept of making or having value. I probably won't actually try to make money off of this website, however, I might be able to use this idea to make money in the future.

Should others know this word? Why? I think my other classmates would be very interested in knowing that their is a quick and easy option to make a few dollars each time you create a blog. The idea of making money is motivating, so yes, I do think others should know about this word and the idea of allowing advertisements on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment