Wednesday, November 24, 2010

13.3 Bamboozle

When and Where did I Find this Word:  While surfing on Dictionary.com, I came across the word of the day section. The word posted for today did not interest me, however Sunday's word, bamboozle caught my interest because it just sounded amusing and fun to say.  
What does the word mean: According to Dictionary.com (2010) (where I found the word), bamboozle is a very that means "to deceive or get the best of someone" or to trick or mystify someone. http://dictionary.reference.com/wordoftheday/archive/2010/11/21.html

My familiarity with the word: I have heard the word bamboozle used on TV shows, but I was not quiet sure of the meaning. Once I found out the meaning, I do think that the meaning matches well with the obscurity of the word. I bamboozled my brother on April fool's day. The word just seems to fit very well with the idea of pranking or tricking someone.
Do I Believe this is a Word that I should Know Well: Yes, I think I should know this word well because I like to play practical jokes with my family. Now I can tell my family that I bamboozled them when we play jokes on each other. I have attached a picture of fools gold, which as bamboozled many who thought they found the real thing, gold!
Do You Believe this is a Word You Want Others to Know Well: Yes, I think this is a fun word that others should now because people often play jokes on each other or are deceived by what we see. This would be a great word for others to use when they watch a magic show or play an April fools joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment